Austrian Society for Surgical Research ZVR number 506293424
§ 1 Introduction
(1) With this data protection declaration we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website and when you join the Conference (ESSR 2020). Personal data is all information that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, etc..
§ 2 Responsible person
(1) Responsible according to Art. 4 para. 7 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation ["DSGVO"] is the Association Austrian Society for Surgical Research ZVR number 506293424 and the PCO in charge for the organization of the ESSR 2020: PCO MMag. (FH) Linda Partl, HIntere Gasse 2, 6175 Kematen i.T., Austria, +43 650 2002103, firstname.lastname@example.org
§ 3 General Information on the Processing of Personal Data
(1) All personal data will only be collected and processed by us to the extent necessary for the provision of the website, the response to inquiries and the processing and settlement of the conference registration.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Art. 6 DSGVO:
(a) If the processing of personal data is based on the consent of the data subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(b) If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(c) If the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which the controller is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(d) If the processing of personal data is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(e) If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(f) If the processing of personal data is necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests or those of a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the person concerned prevail, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(g) If the processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of an employee's ability to work, for medical diagnostics, care or treatment in the health or social sector or for the administration of systems and services in the health or social sector, Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h) DSGVO is the legal basis.
(3) We will delete the personal data as soon as it is no longer needed. In addition, storage can take place if storage is provided for by European or national legal regulations to which we are subject.
(4) With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights upon us:
- Right to information (Art. 15 DSGVO)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 DSGVO)
- Right to cancellation (Art. 17 DSGVO)
- Right to limitation of processing (Art. 18 DSGVO)
- Right to data transferability (Art. 20 DSGVO)
- Right of opposition (Art. 21 DSGVO)
(5) We also draw your attention to the fact that you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
§ 4 Establishing contact and answering enquiries
(1) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data provided by you (e-mail address, possibly name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your enquiries.
(2) The data arising in this context will be deleted after storage is no longer necessary or the processing will be restricted if there are legal storage obligations.
§ 5 Collection and processing of personal data for the processing of contractual relationships
(1) Insofar as you have provided us with personal data, we shall use such data exclusively for the purpose of processing and fulfilling the contractual relationships. If you provide us with special categories of personal data (such as health data) or if such data arise in connection with the processing and execution of the contractual relationship, we will comply with the relevant European and national legal provisions.
§ 6 Collection and processing of personal data for conference registration
(1) If you have provided us with personal data when you register for the conference of the European & Austrian Association for Surgical Research, we will only use this data to process your registration. We comply with the relevant European and national legal regulations (Vereinsgesetz 2002 - VerG).
§ 7 Visiting our Website/Cookies
(1) If you only use our website for information purposes, the web space provider or we will collect personal data which your browser transmits and which is technically necessary for us to enable effortless use of our website and to ensure system security and stability, namely: IP address, date and time of the request, time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), content of the request, access status/HTTP status code, amount of data transferred, requesting website, browser, operating system and interface, and language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the above data, cookies may be stored on your operating system when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the Internet browser or by the Internet browser of the user. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your operating system or computer. Cookies are intended to make the website more user-friendly and effective. You can adjust your browser settings to suit your preferences and therefore refuse to accept certain or all cookies. In this case, however, it is possible that you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
§ 8 Modification of this data protection declaration
(2) Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be invalid or unenforceable or become invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining data protection declarations. The ineffective or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by the effective and enforceable provision whose legal basis comes closest to that which the authors of this data protection declaration have pursued.
Privacy information on credit card payments
In the area of card payment (direct debit/girocard/credit cards) we work together with Concardis GmbH (Concardis), Helfmann Park 7, D-65760 Eschborn, represented by its managing directors Jana Brendel and Carsten Höltkemeyer.
Within this framework, in addition to the purchase amount and date, card data will also be transmitted to the above-mentioned company.
All payment data as well as data on possible chargebacks are only stored for as long as they are required for payment processing (including the processing of possible chargebacks and debt collection) and for combating misuse. As a rule, the data are deleted no later than 13 months after collection.
In addition, further storage may take place if and as long as this is necessary to comply with a statutory retention period or to pursue a specific case of misuse. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1f) Basic Data Protection Ordinance.
You can request information and, if necessary, correction or deletion as well as the restriction of the processing of your data and/or, if necessary, object to the processing of your data. If you have any questions regarding data processing by Concardis or the assertion of your aforementioned rights, you can contact the data protection officer at the address provided or by e-mail at Datenschutzbeauftragter@concardis.com
Furthermore, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority (in Germany to the state data protection officer). We would like to point out that the provision of payment data is neither required by law nor by contract. If you do not wish to provide your payment details, you may use another payment method (e.g. cash payment).